Thursday, April 5, 2007

My Last Project

Here is my final completed project:


This is an ornament I made just before Christmas. As you can see, it's made just like the last stained glass piece. I covered each piece in foil and soldered them all together. The only clear difference is the type of foil I used. The insides of the ornament got the straight foil while I used a nice scalloped foil on the outside. I was the only one in class who used this because I was the bravest! I knew my heart would look awesome with it so I had no other choice but to gird my loins and try it. I think it looks gorgeous!



Here is my peice again stuck to a suction nipple, catching come sun.

If I could do some things differently, I would have soldered the inner parts thicker so you wouldn't see the seams. Also, this heart was all cut from the same piece of glass but the upper right side was a bluer peice. It looks weird to me. Also, all the grains in the glass could have matched better. It would have given the heart a more ethereal quality.

Aside from that, I really like this ornament. It can be used year around, not just for Christmas.

And now, because one Tork demanded it, here is another cat picture:

Emma Vs Godzilla!

BTW, I'm going to get back to the organization now like I said I would before. I got lazy and never really started but since I'm out of projects and the basement flooded again, now is as good a time as any. Unil next time, "MLAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

4 comments:

wurwolf said...

Looks like Godzilla's winning! Go, Emma!

I like your ornament too, Rimmi. And you said nipple! Hee!

Rimmi said...

Don't worry about Emma. She sent Godzilla straight back to monster island behind the couch and I got hurt getting him back.

I said loins for you too. :o)

wurwolf said...

That's how I know you love me. :o)

Lita said...

Your final project? Like... ever? 8o(

Hee hee... You said nipple...

And look at that lizard riding the kitty cat!