Monday, August 13, 2007

Lazy Summers

Sorry for keeping you all in such suspense over PM's Parodied Puss on a Perfect Plate about to get Pinched. You'll just have to stay on your toes a little longer.

Summer caught up with me big time so I haven't had a chance to break the plate nor make any more mosaics. But since I've been traveling so much this summer I came across others who make mosaics also. In fact, it could be arguable that they are perhaps better and more diligent than myself in this art and maybe have enough left over broken glass to make themselves a parking lot out of it.

Welcome to Angel Foods in Truro, MA. (Or Provincetown, depending on who you ask.)

This place sells all sort of gourmet snack and treats and it's just a cool place. I went here to get snacks to take back to my hotel when I looked down at the parking lot and noticed glass everywhere. The glass came from plates, tiles, cookie jars and even toilets.

The man next door is an artist and I'm embarrassed to admit now that I can't remember his name. When I do, I'll mention it here but I met him. He came out into the parking lot to take a picture of mom and I picking up these pieces of glass. He was very kind and talked to us about he got started in mosaics. He allowed us to take some of the glass with us because he likes to see his glass scraps get used in other people's projects.

Here are the pieces I gathered:


I doubt that any of these pieces came from a toilet. I tried to get the ones that looked the most like Blue Willow and I have never in my life seen a Blue Willow toilet. Then again I guess there's a first time for everythng.

I did lots of shopping in PTown and I'll take pictures of some of the things I got later. Since I keep the mosaic pieces I collected with some glass beads I bought, here's a darkened picture of the glass beads:

Someday these will be a part of something. I can't wait. I'll blog about it when I do. And soon I'll blog about the wonders of Sculpey Clay! :o)

1 comment:

wurwolf said...

Yay!!!!! Rimmi's mosaic blog comes roaring back to life!

\\fondles!